The Role of Sustainability in Concert Tours: How Tour Managers Can Go Green
As a Tour Manager, you have the power to make a significant impact on the sustainability of concert tours. By prioritizing eco-friendly practices throughout the tour, you can help reduce waste, minimize emissions, and create a more sustainable future for the music industry. Here’s a checklist to help you get started:
Choose sustainable transportation options:
- Select vehicles that are fuel-efficient and emit fewer greenhouse gases.
- Consider using Landstar’s eco-friendly fleet of vehicles, equipped with the latest technology for comfortable and efficient long journeys.
- Opt for transportation companies such as Round the Clock Logistics that prioritize sustainability and have taken steps to reduce their carbon footprint.
Use real-time tracking and communication tools:
- Ensure that you have access to real-time tracking and communication tools to stay up-to-date on the location and progress of the vehicles at all times.
- This not only ensures timely pick-up and drop-off services but also enables you to make informed decisions that can help reduce emissions and minimize waste.
Encourage sustainable practices among artists and crew members:
- Encourage artists and crew members to use reusable water bottles and avoid single-use plastics.
- Work with venues and suppliers to reduce waste, recycle materials, and use eco-friendly products.
- Consider offsetting the carbon emissions of the tour through programs such as Landstar’s “Green Initiatives” or “Eco-Logic” programs.
Prioritize transparent pricing and competitive rates:
- Work with transportation companies that provide transparent pricing with no hidden fees. Consider Round the Clock for your next tour, we offer streamlined services with 24/7 responsiveness.
- Look for companies that offer competitive rates without sacrificing sustainability.
Consider sustainable practices beyond transportation:
- Work with venues to reduce energy consumption and use renewable energy sources.
- Look for ways to reduce the environmental impact of merchandise sales, such as using eco-friendly materials or offsetting emissions.
- Consider implementing sustainable practices in catering and food services, such as using locally sourced and organic ingredients.
Landstar works to reduce the impact on the environment from our operations and to meet or exceed the environmental requirements of regulatory agencies applicable to our business. By incorporating these sustainable practices into your tour logistics, you can make a positive impact on the environment and create a more sustainable future for the music industry. As a Landstar agent, Round the Clock Logistics is committed to providing you with the resources and support you need to achieve these goals. Let’s work together to create a more sustainable future for the music industry.
Speak with an RTC Logistics Specialist Today!